Friday, August 1, 2008

Cowboy Dinner Tree

We went out to dinner last night at the Cowboy Dinner Tree with a few friends from the ranch. Mike and Marilyn are retired, but come back every year to put up all of the hay here on the ranch. And trust me, it's a lot of hay. They're thinking about heading to Mexico when they're done haying for the winter. Bill the man in yellow is a full time employee and does odd jobs around the ranch. He's been working here for 14 years.


After dinner my husband and I decided to head up to a reservoir that's about 10 miles from the Cowboy Dinner Tree where we had dinner. It's not very often that we have a babysitter and so we took advantage of the free time.

This is what we saw when we got there. Beautiful!!

We are thinking this will be our new camping spot. Now I'm just anxious for a free week-end to go camping!!


Happy Friday Everyone!

16 comments:

Callie said...

That sounds like a very nice evening!

Meg said...

Yay! Looks beautiful...just like you sweetie!

Have a wonderful weekend!

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

What a pretty sunset...after a great meal...sounds like a wonderful evening.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Great photos of you all!

Saddle Mountain Rider said...

Beautiful sunset; great campsite if you get more sunsets like that. And i must comment on how gorgeous your flowers are on the last post. Just beautiful.

kdwhorses said...

Man a nice meal and what a beautiful sunset!
Glad you all had some free time!

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like you had a nice time with friends. And then, a little romantic sunset by the water....I bet you enjoyed that peaceful time, by the smiles on your faces! ;)

Andrea said...

It looks like you two had a wonderful time. I too take advantage of kidless dates. Beautiful sun set!! That looks like a really cool place to camp!

Trailboss said...

I have always wanted to visit Oregon. It looks really pretty!

Train Wreck said...

Oh too bad someone wasn't there to take your photos together!! You are a great looking couple!! Look at you two hotties!! What a beautiful spot!!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Where have you been? Hope everything is all right in your world.

Train Wreck said...

Hey are you ok? Do we need to send the possee out for you? Are you ok? I hope you are just on a fabulous vacation, and having too much fun to post!!

Farmchick said...

Hi~ I am just blog hopping and found my way to you! I can't even remember how I have clicked so much! lol Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your blog! Come over and visit me sometime soon! I love meeting new people and making new blogging friends!

karenhappywoman said...

Hi, What a pleasure to read your posts and look at your great pictures! Looks like a lovely place to live! I'll be back!
Karen

Jamie said...

I miss you! I'm with TW on this one...Do we need to send the posse out after you?

Meg said...

Hellllllllllllllooooooooooooo...we are worried aobut you! Where are you...please email me and let me know you are okay!