Sunday, July 27, 2008

Play Day II - 2008

We went to another Play Day last week-end and I thought I would show a few pics.

Kiddo Numero Uno and I were getting the concession stand ready. She is a great big helper and wants to eat everything that we bring out. Our family is a BIG supporter of the concession stand.


My husband and I before the action starts... We very rarely get our pic taken together and I very rarely have my picture taken period since I'm usually the one behind the camera.


Kiddo Numero Dos lets us know how she feels about everything...


Here are the step-kiddo and kiddo numero dos watching the teams warm up for the buddy barrels.


Kiddo Numero Uno entered the barrels again. She urged her Daddy to "GO FASTER"


Believe it or not, that is a great big GRIN on her face. She loves the rodeo!!


And Step-kiddo takes off to get in place for her event.......the cow hide race.

Yep, That's her.

I think that's her?

I see a little red from her shirt in the cloud of dust. She did really well and actually won $16 for placing in her event. GREAT JOB!!


Here she is again with another cow hide racer after they both swallowed about a pound of dust. I would hate to see where all of that dirt went. I think she's still cleaning it out of her ears.

YAY, for the play day!! It's really a great way for us to spend time as a family and everyone gets in to the spirit of the rodeo.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I wish we had stuff like that here. I don't think our little wranglers rodeo does stuff like that barrel race or the cowhide thing. Boy, my kids would love that!

Pony Girl said...

Great pictures! It was fun to see you and your hubby together. ;)

Hey, what is the cowhide race? Do they run the barrel then leap onto the cowhide?

Kiddo numero uno has the best biggest smile!

Jamie said...

It looks like your kiddo's had a great time on the play day. I really like that picture of you and your husband. That horse that Kiddo Uno "ran" barrels on is very pretty.

P.S. This is Jamie from Bumps in the Road. We've moved back to blogger due to numerous admin. issues with wordpress.

kdwhorses said...

Great pics!!!

I can tell you she had dirt in places you didn't think dirt could go! I did the cowhide race this weekend at a rodeo and I was covered in it! I had it in my ears as well! I think I used 10 Q-tips!

PG-normally you start out on the cowhide and have to go around the barrel and back across the finish line. But I have seen it done many different ways. At our playdays we do it with a shovel! The shovel is easier! The cowhide will flip faster!

Great pic of you and hubby! I know I have that problem, always behind the camera! But, I really don't like to have my pic taken anyway!

Andrea said...

Holy cow that looked really dusty!! What fun! I am like you and don't ever get pictures of myself. I love playdays!

OneCowgirl said...

cute, cute, cute...

Jennifer H said...

I've been thinking I should take my kids to the rodeo.

It's so great that your kids love it and take part. So much fun.

Jen said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had a great time. We loved going to our little relaxed youth rodeos those are the best. The pic of you and your honey is goood. Cowboy and I never get our picture taken together, we always forget to do that.

Train Wreck said...

Oh look TWO hotties and a bundle of cuteness! What a great looking family! I think its awesome that your husband "runs" the barrels with you little one! What a great daddy!
Cowhide race! PG you are too funny!! We had one at our Rodeo last year, this year they didn't because it was too dangerous! As opposed to the bull riding, wild cow milking, crate race! Silly cowboys chicks digg scars!!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Looks like such a fun day!