Monday, June 23, 2008

Play Day

I thought I would share a few more pictures from our play day...

This was a perfect babysitter for all of the little cow kiddos. Our local pre-school was doing the concessions at the play day for a fund raiser and the kiddos were perfectly happy to play in and out of this mini-van with the DVD player. Thanks Ruby, what a great idea!!


These two girls were happily sitting on the top of the fence waiting to do the cow hide races. See their bright, shiny, CLEAN faces. That soon changed...


Here is my step-kiddo on the home stretch. Notice the wave of dirt flowing up from the cowhide. She said that she had a blast, but it didn't look too fun to me.


Here she is after her run was through. She looks a little shell shocked. She had a ring of dirt around her mouth, a pound of it in her ears and hair and I'm afraid to know what she found in her underwear. She said that she's ready to do it again next month.


Brave kid!!

Look at these two dirty birds. They sure had a great time there together and can't wait until the next one next month. YAY!!

7 comments:

Pony Girl said...

I wish I could have spent my childhood at playdays like those kiddos! :)
Once again, great photos, too. The sky that day looked great in that sepia tone!

Jen said...

Wow that looks like fun. Do they go around the barrels in the cowhide race or what? I am glad your kiddos had a good time.

territerri said...

OMG! I'm all for finding my inner child now and then, but I'm not so sure I'd be willing to give THAT a try! Looks like she had a great time though.

curlywurlygurly said...

could you just clarify for us non-cowgirl types: is that child riding on a cow skin? being pulled by a horse? hmmm...when i was younger we just had the slip-n-slide...i now see that i was missing a great deal of fun.

Andrea said...

OH I love dirty playdays!! What fun!! I love the pictures!! We have one this weekend if the rain will hold off!! I love the dirt ring!! :)

kdwhorses said...

Man, what fun! We do a shovel race at our playdays-man now that is fun!! I am a big kid at heart and I am the only adult who will do it! Of course it takes two big kids and we whip all the other kids with our time! LOL! The last time we did the shovel race we did it in 14 seconds, we were hauling butt around the pen!! What fun!!! Hubby thinks I have lost my mind!!! Play days are great family fun and great fellowship with other horsey people! I love ours once a month at church!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Ah, who cares about the dusty dirty faces when they have those big smiles glowing... *Smiles*

great pics!