Thursday, June 19, 2008

Morning Coffee

Yesterday morning, I was the first one in the office. Since I only work in the office two days during the week, my days are normally very busy trying to get everything caught up and prepped for the days I will be at home. Since I was the first one in, I decided that I should make coffee for everyone.

I had actually purchased my coffee at a little coffee stand before I came in. I think I've told you all before that one of the things I miss most living in the country is my daily skinny snicker's mocha. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

So I added water to the back of the coffee maker, measured out the coffee beans and added them to the grinder, I ground the coffee and added it to the maker, then turned the machine on and let it do it's magic. I was feeling really generous making the coffee when I wouldn't even be drinking it as I walked back down the hall to my office.

Not long after that, I was sitting at my computer responding to an e-mail when I hear my boss yelling "Did you make the coffee?" I smiled too myself thinking "He's going to be so happy to have a nice fresh pot of coffee first thing in the morning"

"Yes," I called back.

"Come check it out..........."

I felt a sense of dread as I walked back in to the kitchen. "Why would I need to check it out?"

When I walked in I could clearly see what I had done. I had forgotten to add the coffee pot to the bottom of the coffee maker. It was sitting there next to the sink drying from when someone had rinsed it out the day before.

And below the coffee maker was a whole pot of coffee all over the counter top. It took 3 towels to mop all of it.

What a bone head!!

So this morning, I was even more careful when making coffee for everyone and decided to actually use the coffee pot.................................that works out better for everyone!!

DRRRRRrrrrr!!!

8 comments:

curlywurlygurly said...

ha! that's so funny. my husband did that one time--i never knew a coffee pot held so much coffee. :)

territerri said...

That totally beats the time I made coffee and forgot to put the coffee grounds in. Nothing like a pot of hot, filtered water to start the day!

Andrea said...

That is so something that I would do!! LOL!!

kdwhorses said...

ROTFL!! Sounds like something I would so do!

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

I am so bad about that. No coffee yet equals no brains for me-LOL. The coffee doesn't run out unless the pot is under it-instead it fills up where the grounds are and then runs over. Yay-coffee and grounds to clean up-oui!!

Pony Girl said...

Oh goodness! ;) That happened at work one day, a co-worker did that then left, and luckily I happened to walk upstairs as it started dripping out all over the counter.
Aw well, it was the thought that counted, right?! And a snickers mocha?? Where on earth do you find one of those? Yum!

Dr. Cason said...

Oh Yeah! That's me alright!

I've dumped the freshly ground coffee in the machine without the filter.

Damn!!!!!!!! I had to dump the whole thing out and listen to all the questions the kids asking, Mommy what's wrong? Why are you doing it again. Nothing like rubbing it in.

The W.O.W. factor said...

Funny! ...when it happens to someone else! Done that a few too many times!
I'm w/ Pony Girl..a Snickers Mocha? Going to search one out the next time I get to a city!