Saturday, May 24, 2008

SLACKER

Ok ~ I Know............

I'm a total slacker!!!

I have been so busy lately, that blogging has just not been an option. Let me tell you what's been going down....

Last week, we planned a HUGE celebration for my husband and kiddo numero dos's birthdays. We had guests arriving Friday afternoon and staying through the week-end. The Big BBQ was Saturday afternoon and we had probably close to 40 people including kids.

Needless to say, I spent the week before the party cleaning house, and then this past week trying to clean house again. Parties are soooooooooooooo much work!!

We had a fantastic time though, the kids played all day. They jumped on the tramp, ran through the sprinkler, had a water fight, played in the tree house.....................they played HARD!!! It was a lot of fun!!

This is what you call Red Neck horse shoe's. Notice there isn't a really nice pit and that all these guys are standing in the middle of the pasture behind our house....


This was also somewhat of a house warming party as well. We just combined every reason that we could think of to have a party and turned it in to a REALLY, REALLY Big get together.

Originally, we were hoping that it would be a nice week-end for our friends from our old town to come out and camp out, but unfortunately none of them were able to make it. But my husband's Dad, girlfriend and her son came and my husband's friend and his wife from his home town came. Some of my husband's old co-workers and new co-workers and lots of new friends from our new town. It really turned out to be a great party!!!

This is Kiddo Numero Uno and her Papa...


This is my husband's Dad and kiddo numero dos, I mean Cinderella.......


Unfortunatelty, Kiddo numero uno ended up with the stomach flu Saturday night and puked every hour through the night. We changed the sheets on our bed at least four times and had to give her a bath in the middle of the night. Poor thing!! Then we woke up early to send off my husband's family.

Monday afternoon, I ended up with the same flu. BUMMER!! I was down and out for a couple of days and then had to head in to town for work.

So you see, totally busy!! I'll try to be better!!

Stay tuned, tomorrow I will be posting lots of pics of kiddo numero uno and her first time moving cows....

5 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Wow...at first I was going to ask what happened to my invitation to that huge, awesome-sounding party, thinking it just MUST have gotten lost in the mail. But then I read on to the part about the stomach flu - my least favorite thing in the WHOLE world - and decided that it was just as well there was a delay in the mail. :-)
Sounds like some really eventful last few days. Love your little girl's smile!
danni

territerri said...

Those big parties ARE a lot of work, but they're so much fun and provide the best memories.

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...and then not a lot of fun. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Pony Girl said...

Glad to here you are okay....I'd been checkin every day. The party sounded like a lot of fun!! I hope you were able to enjoy yourself, too!

Meg said...

You HAVE been busy sweetie! Stomach flu...UGH!!!! I love, love, love big parties! Lots of work and lots of fun. We play horseshoes all the time...even with all the city people. Glad you are back and on the mend, missed you!