Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rodeo Time


It's that time of year again. Time to dust off your boots (or clean the cow poop off in my husband's case), pull out your cowboy hats, find your fancy duds and head out to your local rodeo. Or not so local, if you're a true rodeo fan. There's just nothing like being out on a hot summery (is this a word) day, breathing dust from the arena and watching the cowboys and cowgirls perform their favorite events.
I personally like the rough stock events!!



We have decided to head back to my home town for the local Livestock show. It has a PRCA rodeo and horse races at the same time. I love this Rodeo!!!


It's a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and to meet new friends. Everyone usually has a fantastic time at the Rodeo. We like to get a beer and nothing beats a stock show burger on a hot afternoon.

This will be the first year we're taking the kiddos along too. I think they'll have a great time. There is a large carnival, with lots of games, greasy foods and carnival rides. Sounds like fun right??
Are you a fan of the rodeo season? Do you go as a family, or find a sitter for the kids? Let me know about your favorite summer activity.

Oh yeah, I did mention a couple of times that I'm a fan of the cowboys too!! There's nothing like a nice pair of Wrangler's!!!



P.S. This isn't my husband, but he has a nice pair of Wrangler's too. I'll try to get a picture and post it soon!!

P.P.S. My husband is hoping to start roping soon too, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can add this to one of my favorite events. He is very athletic, so I'm betting he could be very good at this sport and I wouldn't mind going to watch at all.

9 comments:

Joan said...

I love rodeos! Our "local" rodeo is the Redding Rodeo and it is always a blast. I especially love it when the bulls are extra snorty! ;)

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Love the cowboys that wear the wranglers... HEHE.
I have just been able to get blogging with a vengeance. As I have been to many horse related blogs, I came across yours and find it fun and interesting. I find I will be adding you to my daily "must reads".
I would also like to add you ti my blog roll if that will be alright.
Thanks and Happy horsin' around!

territerri said...

I'll be the odd one out here, admitting that I've never been to a rodeo. It looks like fun! We don't get many rodeos here in suburbia, but maybe someday I'll get a chance to check one out.

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Love the rodeos. Of course I have to watch the barrel racing because that is what I do but my favorite event is the Saddle Broncs.
When it goes right-it is just beautiful to watch.

Awesome picture of the bull rider.

Jamie said...

Ok...Now I'm going to be dreaming of Cowboys! It sucks that the next event I get to go to in September....Which is like an eternity away!

Laski said...

That's it! I need to find myself a rodeo. Do you think they have any in Ohio???

Pony Girl said...

I haven't been to a rodeo in a long time! Mostly because for the past 16 years I had forgotten how much I needed horses and cowboys in my life! But I plan to attend as many as I can this summer. Got to find my cowboy somewhere... ;)
Can't wait to hear and see pictures of the HRE (hubby roping experience!)

Suzanne Perazzini said...

We don't have rodeos in New Zealand but I sure would love to see one with all those hot cowboys struggling against the beasts.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Here we have to scrape the mud off of boots. Love those Wranglers!