Friday, May 30, 2008

Fishin'

We took the girls out fishing last week-end in the canals on the ranch. What do you think of my husband fishing with a purple princess fishing pole?

After much negotiating, he finally let kiddo numero uno have a turn...


And they caught one, look at that monster!!


Kiddo Numero uno was paying close attention to what needed to be done. Got to get the hook out. The poor fish swallowed the hook...

She decided she was better at supervising then helping...


Looks like Daddy has it...


That was the only fish caught that day, but stay tuned for more fishing stories in the months to come. My husband loves to fish...

7 comments:

Mrs Mom said...

LOL Takes a real man to use a purple pole ;)

Love the pics! Looking forward to more as the summer goes on!

Mud Ranch said...

Yep, my hubby loves to fish too. We have a lot of areas around here for bass, trout, salmon, steel head... on and on. Hopefully we'll start getting out again too.

Nice pole. ;)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Hilarious of him using a purple princess fishing pole!

Pony Girl said...

That reminds me of my dad taking his girls (my sister and I) fishing when we were little. We loved to go. Never caught much though, certainly nothing that big! :) I still like to fish, just never get the chance. My sister lives near a river where the salmon run and they get up at the crack of dawn and go at certain times of the year. I think my dad is selling his boat at some point, so that he can get a HORSE!

terri said...

I think it's awesome that your hubby is taking the time to share a hobby he loves with his little girl. What a great dad!

Jamie said...

It takes a real man to use a purple princess pole ;) It's good that your little girl got a turn too cause sharing is caring.

Andrea said...

LOL! That is too funny! I love his manly purple pole! That fish is big for coming out of the canal!! WOW!! I am not any good at fishing. Well, I am not good at sitting and waiting! Fun pictures!!