Friday, April 18, 2008

Week-end Project

Have I ever mentioned what a handy man my husband is?
After our T-Ball game last week-end we decided to pick up the decking supplies we needed to add on our new deck. We spent several hours at Ace Hardware (which is the only store 50 miles away from our home with home improvement materials) planning and buying our deck materials.

So Sunday after my husband was done feeding, he started our project. And like almost anything my husband does, he wants it all to be done.........Now. He has little patience for half finished projects and expects to get everything done all at once. Needless to say, he is a very hard worker.

So, here are a few photos of what he accomplished Sunday. Keep in mind that he didn't start digging the holes for the 19 cement thingys (that's a technical term) until about 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.














Aren't you impressed? I was...the guy at Ace told us that this was a two person two week-end project, and this is what the Energizer Bunny that is my husband accomplished in one day. Needless to say, our 16' by 16' deck is almost complete and I will be able to put my patio furniture and bbq out on the back deck. YAY!!!















Did I mention that we have the most beautiful sunsets right out our back window? We will be able to sit out on our deck in the summer sipping sweet tea and watching the sun go down. You've gotta love that right????

This is actually a picture of our barn the other day before they shipped cattle.....and I'll post more pictures of that on another post.


4 comments:

terri said...

I think our husbands would get along very well. Yours sounds SO much like mine. My hubby isn't happy if he's not fixing, improving, or building something... if not for us, then he'll work on something for friends and neighbors. Isn't it wonderful having such a handy guy living with you?

wornoutwoman said...

You've got an amazing deck with some awesome scenery. You lucky girl!!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I love your family's photgraph. I would love to visit some day! Our you folks working as hard as we did today! :-)

Jamie said...

I'm jealous of your scenery! I want some of that. All I see when I look out the window is my neighbors houses and the highway.