Sunday, April 27, 2008

We Fall Apart

It's amazing, we can have a perfectly awesome day, but by this time in the evening 8:00 p.m., we totally fall apart.

It is so obvious to me that my kids need to go to bed NOW. Not in 30 minutes, but right now. They can not continue to be nice to one another after 8:00 p.m.

It must be the witching hour.....

We had a great day today and worked outside all day on our deck and yard work. The girls played happily together without really arguing. They really are best friends, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when kiddo numero uno goes to school. I think Kiddo dos will be totally heart broken and lost without a playmate!!

But right now they are both in tears and just completely falling apart. I guess I should stop posting and go put them down to bed.

Sweet dreams everyone!!!

6 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

8:00 is the witching hour here too. I like how you phrased this!

Meg said...

Awwh...sweetie, I remember those days! My kids use to have to go to bed at 8 when they were little too and believe you me, EVERYONE knew when it was getting close to 8 we never needed a clock, lol!

Have a great week, and thanks so much for your friendship!

Jamie said...

I remember when I had to go to bed at 8...That seems like an eternity ago! I feel so "OLD"!

terri said...

My kids are teenagers. Every hour is witching hour!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

It's funny...around here, 5:00pm used to be the witching hour...this was the time that daddy was about to come home and everybody would fall apart waiting for that magical man to walk in the door and change the mood. The later it got, the quieter and more well-behaved the kids would become...they just KNEW that any unbalanced behavior would result in immediate bed-going! LOL

Karen said...

I know what you mean. And sometimes I beat the kids to the meltdown point. It's sad, really.