Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Swimwear

Hello Ladies ~ It's that time of year again. When we look in our drawers and pull out the swimsuits from last year and hope that they still fit, or that they are still in style, or that they aren't worn out. We hope, hope, hope.....

Because.............the worst thing ever is swimsuit shopping.

At least for me.

I hate it. There is nothing worse then standing in a flourescent lit dressing room trying on bathing suits. I'll say it again, I hate it!!

At least in the winter we can cover up our flaws with cute jeans and sweaters, because bulky during those cold months actually looks good.

Bulky in the summer....Not so good.

I think it is impossible for me to find a swimsuit that I actually like. I am larger busted, but modest and I don't like the girls to get too much sun. But I still want something that looks cute. The main thing I look for is support. There's nothing like wearing a suit with everything hanging loose. Oh the misery!!!

So, do you all hate it as much as I do??

Any suggestions on where to find a great suit that is reasonably priced??

9 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Oh lordie... it is swimsuit season again??!!

Karen said...

I have a great swimsuit that's flattering, and as I don't swim but once every 3 years it suits me fine. Well, it would if I was still the size I was 3 years ago. I won't be buying another one.

terri said...

Land's End. Ok, they're expensive but completely worth it. They have a style and fit for every body type.

HRH said...

I love the Lands End mix and match suits. They are modest and well made. They are pricey, but worth it. I have had one of their swim skirts for 4 years and it still looks new. It has seen a lot of chlorine so that is a testimony to how well they are made. I buy online and so far everything has fit as advertised. It beats the flourescent light thing.

Andrea said...

I haven't bought a new suit in a long long time. I have been wearing a maternity swimsuit!! LOL!! I actually liked that because then it was okay to have a large middle!! LOL!! I will need to find another one this year, yuck, I hate it too!!

Pony Girl said...

I always want to buy a suit at the end of summer when I have a tan, am more in shape, and overall look better....but by then, everything is picked over!! J-crew has good mix and match, and Target stores have a fairly decent and affordable selection, too!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh, good lord, woman - how funny that you would blog about this. Just yesterday I had to go swimsuit shopping and it was HORRIBLE. We leave for Mexico in 4 days and I put this off for as long as I could. Seems that the really cute bikini I wore only 3 years ago in Cabo just doesn't look the same...I can't figure out why. LOL. Anyway, it was horrifying and very depressing. I wound up getting one of those tankini things...but a sporty sort, not an old-lady sort. The suit itself is cute, but I think I look like doo-doo in it. Maybe I could just sit by the pool in my robe all week?

Jamie said...

I got mine at Target. Can't wait to actually wear it!

Ranch Mommy said...

Hi Ladies ~ Thanks for all of the great comments!! Looks like I'll be checking out Lands End, J Crew and Target. Thanks for the advice!!

Dani ~ Have a fantastic time in Mexico and remember, you won't ever see any of those people again, so just wear that swimsuit with pride!!