Sunday, April 20, 2008

Potty Training

Kiddo Numero Dos has decided that she would like to try to go to the bathroom on the toilet. So we have spent hours in the bathroom this week-end. She doesn't like to try alone and so I've been patiently sitting on our bathroom floor watching her try to go.......................

We've had success!! She has gone #2 twice as far as I know and gone potty several times. And of course each time, we shout "Hooray" and she gets a treat. I'm sure this is probably a really horrible way to teach her, but it worked out ok with Kiddo Numero Uno, so we're doing it again.

She seems to be "catching on" quite a bit faster then Kiddo Numero Uno too, so lets hope for quick potty training.

She also has to get completely naked to "try", so I have been putting clothes on and off several times this week-end. She can't do it with a binki in her mouth, so that comes out and is handed to me too. She also must chew "imaginary" gum all day, because she keeps asking me to hold that for her too. She just gives me a pinch of imaginary goodness and then grunts and pushes trying to go #2 so that she can get a treat.

It really is kind of a funny process and I can't remember how long it takes, but I'm hoping that we'll get through it soon. There's also another side of me that knows that this is our last baby and I'm sad that we're to this stage already.

I guess I can't have it both ways and regardless of the bricks on her head or me threatening to take away her second birthday, she's still going to get bigger.....

Bitter sweet victory!!

3 comments:

terri said...

I remember those days around our house. The memories sometimes feel bittersweet, but I have to say that at every stage of my kids' lives, there's something that's wonderful enough that I don't miss those younger days so much. Maybe it's God's way of helping us move forward without feeling so sad that our babies are growing up so quickly.

Jamie said...

Congrat's on potty training! I hope it's a pretty "painless" process for you. Have a great day!

Horseman69al said...

Your post brings me back to the good old days as well! I can still remember the days of potty training our little girl. That rally brings a smile to my face thinking about it. I think she is still timed to use the bath room as dad. My wife gets a kick out of watching us make a dash for the door at the sametime. Who can get there first!