Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Story II

So he led me out to the dance floor and we danced. We danced and danced and danced. He was a great dancer and so funny. I was having a great time.

We also talked and talked. "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked me.

"Tomorrow's Sunday, I go to church. Wanna go?"

"Sure"

I couldn't believe it. Here I was at the bar. Meeting a guy I actually liked. And he had just agreed to go to church with me. It was semi surreal.... How often do you meet a guy at the bar who is willing to get up early in the morning after being out past 2:00 a.m. to go to church. I didn't actually believe that he would get up and go. I was pretty certain that he would call in the morning and have some lame excuse why he couldn't go, but it was still fun to pretend that he might go.

I wish I could say that it ended there, and that I went home and we went to church in the morning, but it didn't. My girlfriend and I and several of his friends went back to his brothers house where he was staying and continued our party. He and I went in to his bedroom to chat (ok, and we kissed, but that's all) and I saw pictures of a little girl all over his wall.

"Is this your daughter?" I asked him at one point.

"Yep"

Wow, I thought to myself, this guy has a kid. Thankfully my mind was pretty numb from having several drinks, so I didn't dwell on this aspect of this great guy for too long. And not much later my girlfriend and I went home....

To read my earlier post on Our story click here

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I NEED MORE!!! I can hardly wait for the next installment! Did he really get up to go to church with you? Cliff hangers are BAD! Just kidding.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh, men who can dance just have something special, don't they? sigh.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

You make me laugh. Meet in a bar and then ask to go to church. Sounds like me! :-D

Meg said...

Okay, I DID miss this installment...because I was out of town...keep up the awesome work~!! I love reading this stuff!