Monday, April 21, 2008

Cowboys

My husband is now officially a cowboy. He spent Saturday afternoon in the saddle on a cattle drive and actually road his horse home right up to our front door. Boy, life is totally different.

I've always had a thing for cowboys!! And there's just something about a man on his horse. I can't describe it, and if you've never seen it, you may not understand what I'm talking about. But all of you ladies out there who love the cowboys know exactly what I mean.

This is his whole life now, he works, breathes and lives ranching. He gets up early each morning and feeds all of his new ladies. And boy do they love him. As soon as they see him coming, they head for the gate. It doesn't matter where in the field they might be they will walk miles just to see him, and they follow him where ever he might lead. They are totally smitten with my cowboy.



They would eat from the palm of his hand if he would let them. It must be nice to be so popular in such a quick amount of time at our new home. Luckily, he doesn't let it go to his head....


This red head only had eyes for him....

5 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Aw, this is a great post. I totally know what you mean about cowboys...and you've got your very own, you lucky girl!! He looks good on a horse, that husband of yours. Do you go riding, too?

Pony Girl said...

That's a nice lookin' horse. Oh, and a nice lookin' cowboy, too! Hee! Know of any extra available ones you can send my way?? ;)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

You just can't beat a cowboy!

Jamie said...

"There's Nothing Tougher." It's from a Yamaha Grizzly commerical that bullrider Ross Coleman does and I think it fits.

Jamie said...

Your husband does look good on his horse. I'm glad he's an official cowboy and not an unofficial cowboy. Before I forget I did tag you on my blog for a meme. Feel free to play along if you'd like.

Jamie