Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tiny Tots & Identity Crisis

Well, only a day and a half left and I am officially a part-time employee. This is going to be such a huge change for me!! I have worked sense I was 16, and the longest breaks I've ever had were maternity leaves for each of the kiddo's.

I am super excited to go Thursday to kiddo numero uno's future school and check out their Tiny Tots program. They get together every Tuesday and Thursday and both girls can attend. I have very high expectations of meeting other parents with kids who are the same age as my girls. And I would love for the girls to meet some new friends. These kids will most likely be my girls' future classmates. Yay, I'm really excited to meet some of our neighbors!!

I have been having somewhat of an identity crisis with all of these new changes. It's a little scary after working so hard to make a career for myself to just give it all up. I know in my heart that this move is the best thing for our family and for my girls, but my head is still trying to wrap around the concept of just getting to be a Mom for a change. It's funny though, because I never really wanted a career. All I've ever wanted was to be a Mom to my girls, and now that I have the opportunity, I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I know once we are there and settled, that it will all work out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that change is scary. Not bad, just scary.

Wish me luck on this new chapter of my life.

4 comments:

Around The Funny Farm said...

Good luck with this change!!
Here's cheers to your new job description!

:-)
Beth

Kristen said...

Good Luck with this new chapter in your life.

Plus, you have always been Mom, you are just going to do it hands on, a couple more hours a day.

Suzanne Perazzini said...

It's the most common dilemma of mothers - to work or not to work. There is no perfect solution because it depends so much on the personalities involved. Women fight passionately that their choice is the right one but it is only right for them.
I'm sure you will settle into your new reality and enjoy it - they are small for such a short time.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great with the change, especially with all of the support you have. You already pretty much have your days filled with activities and each day will fly by. You'll have fun. Just remember to take time out to actually enjoy it, but don't take it for ganted. Easier said than done, trust me!

Good luck and have fun!

Marci