Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sunsets

We have the most beautiful sunsets out at the ranch. It's just heart warming to hear my oldest daughter say "Look at the sky Mommy, it's so pretty with all of those colors."

She never noticed the sunsets before.

We have a large window just over our kitchen table and every night at dinner time we get to watch the sunset. There are no obstructions to our view................just a beautiful sunset every night.

I didn't notice until now that my kids had never really gotten to see nature in all it's beauty. Sure, we've been camping and spent plenty of time out in the woods and in the country, but now that we're living in it, they REALLY notice those things.

This week-end, we saw cranes and listened to their calls. Which are very cool, if you've never heard them before. And a few yards away was a lone coyote stalking them. How great is that to watch. He never actually attacked the birds, just followed them.

Then, out the front door was an owl perched on our corral. Kiddo numero uno ran in to ask Daddy for the "inocoulars" (binoculars) so that she could get a better look.

They are already starting to form a love for nature. It makes my heart sing and every sacrifice worth it!!!

4 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

That photo of the corral and outbuilding in the distance is just gorgeous. How wonderful that must feel to see your kids loving their new lives, being inquisitive and exploratory in a way they've not yet had the opportunity to be. Very cool.

Suzanne Perazzini said...

Wow! What a fabulous photo! You lucky girl. I was born and bred on a farm in New Zealand but have lived in the city for so long I've forgotten what it's like, but whenever I go on holiday, I prefer to head for the wildernesses of the world.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I'm so glad your back to the internet world! Hope your move is going well.

Jamie said...

Welcome back to the internet world! I really love that photo of the outbuilding and the corral.