Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New news & old news

Wow, what a break I've taken from my little friendly blog. I've been missing all of you!!

I am happy to share the news that our wifi is up and running. The problem has been that I've been both out and about running and playing with all of our new friends and when I've been home, I've been down and out sick with this nasty cold that saps all of the energy from you and wouldn't let any kind of creative juice flow. So, I'm back, but not quite up to par. Please excuse any typos, random thoughts, and things that just don't make sense.

We have already met some great new people in our new little community. My greatest fear was that there would be no one there our age, and if there were that they would be cuckoo. Not so far, we've met nothing but great people. It has all been through kiddo numero uno's preschool and Mom's that I've met there. I guess it's the place to socialize too. YAY!!!

We went to a Chili Feed & Auction fund raiser in our new little town on Saturday night with several couples who we've met over the last couple of weeks. And kiddo numero uno was invited to her first Birthday party with one of her new friends, so we are officially settling in.

Unfortunately, our house is still in the process of being unpacked. Getting soooooooo much closer though. I think by next week-end we should be done with the inside part. I'm afraid to look in the garage though...........

We are planning on going to a sunrise Easter Service that is held outside at a historical landmark outside our town. They build a big bon fire and everyone goes to breakfast at the Grange afterward. I think it sounds great and they've been doing it since the 30's, so it's a neat way to be a part of history.

Well, that's the news for now. Sorry this is kind of boring, but I'll try to get back in the swing of things............

1 comment:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Ah yes..the garage....a scary place after a move. We happened to move into a place that has a two-story garage (seriously) - and both of them are filled with boxes. Ugh. Makes my stomach hurt to think about this huge chore. We have too much damn stuff!