Monday, March 24, 2008

The Funny Farm III

As I've mentioned several times in the past, my parents live on a mini farm with several crazy animals. When we were growing up, my parents actually milked a cow and that is what we used for most of our dairy products. We drank milk straight from the udder. This never bothered us, but really grossed out most of our friends!!

We made homemade ice cream with the cream from our cow. And when my parents milked thier little dairy cow, they loved to spray a stream in to some of the cats mouthes. If you've read my blog for a while, you will probably understand that there were always a lot of cats around. Check out the original Funny Farm post if you'd like.

My Mom would also sell the milk when we had more than our family could use. She stored it in gallon size glass jars and mostly sold it to families at the church we attended.

One day, one of the jars broke.

In the car.

In the summer.

During church.

Please, close your eyes and imagine the smell of fresh milk in a hot car.

Yep, DISGUSTING!!!

I don't think the smell ever left that car. I was so glad when they traded it in!!!

2 comments:

woolies said...

hi, I just discovered your blog through the Mom blog network. We live on a little ranch - come read the story of my 2 horses escaping the other day!!
:0)
sara

Twinville said...

Yikes! I know that smell...it reminds me of sour 'vomit'! Ewwww!