Tuesday, February 12, 2008

~We have vomit~

Lots of it. Everywhere.

Kiddo numero dos was acting totally fine Sunday evening. We had enjoyed a gorgeous week-end out at the ranch. We got to see a lot of brand new baby calves and even got to see a Mama cow have her baby.

So when I sat her at the table for dinner Sunday night the last thing I expected was rocketing vomit. But that's what we got......It was powerful. And silly me, instead of leaving her where she was and letting her get it out of her system. I grabbed her and ran for the bathroom, not knowing that my husband was currently occupying it. So here I am holding my one year old with vomit running down my hand yelling at my husband to hurry up. And what a surpirse he got when he opened the door.

We were both a mess. Her, still retching with vomit all over her face, her shirt, down her pants, everywhere. And me, trying desperately not to Ralph (yes, Dad I used your word), with vomit all over my pants hand and shirt. I'm sure we were a sight to see.

Needless to say, we stayed out at the Ranch an additional night and I was unable to post yesterday. I think I'm going to just forget to pay the car payment so that we can get our fancy dancy big city wireless internet set up out there before I go insane.

Just kidding.

It seems the stomach flu is going around, and we were just the next victims on it's little list. Let's just hope that it steers clear of kiddo numero uno.

3 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Ewwwwww!!! Great post. I was almost like being there with you. Thanks for that. :-)

Ranch Mommy said...

Thanks!! Unfortunately, I went through the whole thing again the next night with my oldest daughter. She woke up at 3:30 a.m. and puked all over her bed and herself, so we had to have a bath and change sheets in the middle of the night. No fun!! Hopefully we're on the mend now!!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

I remember those days well....I can remember the sheer joy I felt when my boys were finally old enough to make it to the bathroom on their own to throw up. That, by the way, is my least favorite thing in the world, so I am totally commiserating with you. Glad you're over the worst of it!
Good luck on your wi-fi quest next week, too!