Friday, February 1, 2008

Marriage & My husband

My husband and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I'm excited that we've made it through our first 5 years together and I'm looking forward to all of the things to come in our lives.

As I look forward, I also think it's necessary to reflect on where we've been.


We have had more homes than we can count on one hand and several new jobs, that just didn't quite fit. I think the problem has always been that we don't want to live in town, and we don't want to have to commute in to town if we live in the country. We want to work where we live and live somewhere with some property.


Some of the changes we've made have been my idea and some have been my husbands, but through it all we've remained friends and we've never blamed each other for something that didn't go the way we thought it would. We've kept a sense of humor about all of the changes, and also kept a sense of adventure to try new things. I think we are both optimists and are always looking at life half full. I guess I'd rather be that way then so worried to make a change that we're stuck and unhappy.


I love my husband. Faults and all, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. He is an excellent father, friend and husband. I feel very blessed to have him in my life and so fortunate that he is the father of our girls. He is an excellent partner through this great adventure and the biggest bonus is that he loves me and our girls too.


Plus, he's pretty easy on the eyes : )


1 comment:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Congratulations! This is a wonderful post. My husband and I just celebrated our 8th anniversary on 1/31...and we are happier than we've ever been. Our situation is a bit different than yours (this is a second marriage for both of us), but I couldn't agree with you more about the delight in having a partner that is everything to you! Thanks for sharing. :-)