Friday, February 8, 2008

Bowling

My husband likes to bowl. I mean REALLY likes to bowl.

When he and I were first dating, he asked me if I would like to go bowling with him.

"Sure" I thought, "I just want to spend time with you, and bowling is always fun and good for a laugh." Plus, I could watch his cute hiney while he walked up to the line and I could shake mine for him. Of course, I was 30 pounds lighter and actually had a cute hiney before I had my girls. But that's another story altogether.

I'm not a good bowler. In fact I rejoice when I get over a 100 score. That's a good day of bowling for me. I have horrible technique and my wrist always goes all wacky on me and won't stay straight when I throw the ball. No big deal, right, it'll just be fun.

I didn't know anyone who actually bowled well. I didn't even know that you could bowl well and I definitely didn't realize that this was actually a professional sport for some people.

So when my husband, who I was just dating at the time, showed up with a bowling bag and his own bowling shoes. I started to worry. I mean holy smoke is this guy like the guys on King Pin or something. Where's the polyester suit?

It went from bad to worse. While I struggle to make a 100 score, my husband's average score is over 200. Who even knew that bowler's kept track of what their average was. Who bowled that much???

Apparently he did. I was crushed. This fun little date turned out to be me getting coached on my horrible technique and him totally kicking my not-so-cute-anymore hiney. The more he tried to "help" me, the worse I did. I was totally ready to call it a night. I'm pretty competitive in most sports and a sore loser. Needless to say, bowling is not my sport.

So, now that we have been married for a while, I take joy in watching my husband bowl well. He bowls on a league and the girls and I went and watched him bowl last night. It was fun listening to the older guys in his league talk about him and what a great bowler he is. I very rarely bowl with him anymore, just watch and take care of the girls, but I am proud of him.

And some day, when I'm through with my private lessons, he's not going to know what hit him. I'll smoke his still-cute-hiney.

Just kidding : )

P.S. I think men's butt's should grow right along with ours with each pregnancy. It's not fair!!!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

very funny. i subscribed to your blog. I tried to send you a link to our updated photos but your email bounced back to me. Oh well. Check out whats goin on with us... Take care and keep writing!

http://www.d-allison.com/blogs/files/category-personal.html