Friday, February 15, 2008

Addiction

I admit it I'm an addict.

I can't stop. The only times I have stopped was when I was pregnant with my two girls. I didn't want my addiction to affect them.

Isn't that the first step in dealing with your addiction. You have to face the fact that you are an addict, and then you have to want to change.

The problem is, I don't want to change. I like my addiction. I like the way it makes me feel, and I hate the way I feel when I don't get it. I get all shaky, I get a headache and feel sick to my stomach. I feel tired and unmotivated.

Okay, I know what you are all thinking. What have you been hiding. I can't believe I didn't know....... But you all do. I haven't hid it, it's been lurking around me for years....

It's caffeine. I started off with just soda, but then it was getting really bad and I was having it with my breakfast. And after kiddo numero uno was born, I graduated to coffee. Not just the regular coffee, but the expensive stuff. My habit is costly.

So you all will be glad to know that there is no coffee stand out at the ranch. I am going to have to settle for regular ol' brewed coffee. **gasp** The horror.........

This may be what cures me of my addiction for good. I will greedily wait for my trips to the city to have a "real" coffee and those will be so spread out, I may be able to kick the habit.

Think good thoughts for me...........starting in March, my coffee drinking life as I know it will be over.

5 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh yeah, caffeine is NASTY - very addictive. (and, yes, I drink it.) And coming off of it is *not* pretty...think of spending an entire weekend with a non-stop pounding headache!
But there is an alternative to not being near the fancy coffee any more...you could invest in the Miele Whole Bean Grind and Brew coffee system: http://www.bestvacuum.com/miele-coffee-system-4075.html?s=froogle.
At only $2700 (no, that is NOT a typo), you can continue to spend excessive amounts of money for your daily dose! :-) :-) :-)
p.s. I actually have a friend who owns one of these!

Anonymous said...

I think you will be happy once you stop the coffee and other caffeine. I was really sick about two weeks ago and someho my brain connected the very strong coffee that I had had to my sickness. I felt so miserable from being sick that the first days were not to noticeable but once I started feeling better about three days later. The first shock of no caffeine was quite horrible but I couldn't have coffee since it made my stomach roll. I had a cup of tea and seemed to be okay. It has now been 10 days and I feel much better than I did when I was slugging down sitting at my desk working. I hope you can manage to make it. I am trying to cut out as much as I can. Good luck without you will be surprised how much money you save by not drinking it. Just put it in a jar and then you can use the funds to travel half way across the world and see your big sister. :)
~your big sis
PS They say that drink tea is better than coffee because of the way caffeine is released into your body. So if you find yourself going bezerko drink some black tea it will help and not cause such a quick crash that makes have that fourth or fifth cup in the afternoon. :)

marc d said...

speaking of addiction, i think i am addicted too lately. addicted on buying oranges juices lately. every night i always make sure i do go out and buy an orange juice. dunno what makes me keep on buying it. the crave is so hard to ignore. :) ahh.....


oh btw nice blog. :) i'd like it

Ranch Mommy said...

Thanks for the comments. I'll let you know how it goes : )

Around The Funny Farm said...

Yes! We do have a lot in common! I was poking around your site here.

Let us also include the COFFEE ADDICTION!
And:
the horses Check!
the two little girls close in age Check!
the dog Check!

I bet there is more.. I bet you bale hay and drive tractor too...;-)

Beth