Friday, January 11, 2008

My Big Sis

I know this is supposed to be about my journey to the country and ranch life, but I had to pause for a moment and write a little something about my sister. I want to share the comment she left for me yesterday.....

So you did decide to move to the country. It is amazing the values our parents instilled in us. Since both of us desire that country living. Slowing down, growing your own things whether it be children or vegetables or animals. I pray that god bless you in this adventure. Don't give up when the going gets rough. You are going to have culture shock to the country. I think this is the best thing you could have done for your family. You are always in my prayers.~your big sis

It's funny. My sister and I have always been total opposites. I have always looked up to her so much, but there was a time in the past few years where we barely talked. She was living in New Mexico, and then South Korea, and now she's in Canada and our paths have barely crossed. But seeing the comment she left yesterday just cemented exactly what she said. Our parents instilled strong roots and strong values in us. We came from a small town in the country and now we desire to raise our families the way we were raised. And above all else family is the most important thing.

So I know I don't say it often enough, but I love you sis!! And I admire the accomplishments you've made in your life and I'm so darn proud of you. I think we've both come a long way from the girls we were into the women we are today. God Bless you and you're family.

Lots of love - your little sis

1 comment:

Shannon said...

There's nothing like a sister. I have 2..one i see maybe once every 5 years (she lives in New Mexico)and another I see maybe twice a year (she lives in Florida). I don't know what I would do without the love and support of my sister. Even if we don't see each other, I know they are there for me!! Good luck in your adventure. I'm sure you will have a blast!