Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's the final countdown

Yep, I now have that song in my head. I just googled it because I didn't even know who sang it. And who the heck is Europe??? How can I know the song and not remember ever hearing the name of the band??

Weird.

Anyway, we're a day away from move day. We're feeling pretty confident that almost everything is packed up except the neccesities. I know from LOTS of experience moving that I will be scrambling to throw stuff in boxes while my husband and his friends pack the big stuff in the trucks. Just think good thoughts of clear roads and clear skys for us on Saturday.

This is a picture from our drive home at Christmas. YUCK!! We don't want to see weather like this again on Saturday.

So as of the end of this month, the girls and I will be homeless.

Well, not really, but we're not moving to the ranch until March. So, we will be staying in an apartment my boss owns (or with my brother) during the week and going to the Ranch on the week-ends. This feels a little odd to me, but I promised my boss I would work another full month before I go to part time. I feel so blessed that I will be able to continue to work even while living on the ranch, so I can't complain.

We are so excited to get started on this adventure, but I know I just have to be patient while God works the details out. We're almost there and our dreams are about to come true. So now I've started to think about what to do with all of that free time. I'll share my list of things I want to do in the country and with all of my free time tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any great ideas......

No comments: