Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting Started

Ok. Here we go. We're just getting started. I'm trying to get this all figured out, so bear with me while we figure out the technical stuff. Let me tell you a little about us and why we're here. Hang on.... Here we goooooooo!!


My husband and I have decided to make a HUGE change in our lives. We are scared, nervous, anxious and most of all excited, and we have decided to give up our two fairly successful careers and move our entire family (including Jack the cat) 80 miles away to the ranch and a small town of about 300 people. Why would you do that, you might ask??? It's all because of these two little girls


We have decided that we would rather have them grow up in a small town, with small town values, riding horses, planting gardens, feeding cows, taking care of chores, with a Mommy who's almost always home and a Daddy who isn't at work until their bedtime.

So what are we giving up? Easy access to shopping, friends and coffee shops, one whole income, our girls being raised in daycare, parents who are at work more than at home, neighbors a few feet away, hospitals just a few blocks away, our spring and fall softball and so many other things.

But.........we think the trade off is worth it. We will get to spend more time as a family. Our girls will have a Mommy at home with them most of the time (I still might work a couple days a week) Access to lots of hunting and fishing for my husband. A much slower lifestyle.

So, is it worth it???

We think so, and we would like to invite you along on our journey from living in the city to on the Ranch. We think we'll probably have quite a few adventures along the way to share with you and we'll try to take lots of pictures so that you can see what we've chosen to do.

Hope you enjoy the ride : )

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! Good for you guys. I'm really excited for you. I will miss you all. Keep us posted on when you are in town so we can visit and tell us about all the adventures along the way.

Andrea

the big sis said...

So you did decide to move to the country. It is amazing the values our parents instilled in us. Since both of us desire that country living. Slowing down, growing your own things whether it be children or vegetables or animals. I pray that god bless you in this adventure. Don't give up when the going gets rough. You are going to have culture shock to the country. I think this is the best thing you could have done for your family. You are always in my prayers.
~your big sis

Dionne said...

I hope you guys are successful in your lifestyle change. Its not for everyone, and if it was, Silver Lake would have more than 300 people! We'll have to come visit you guys someday.....

Jersey said...

Hi! I think it`s really a great thing you `re doing! The best of luck to you and your family! I`m looking forward to reading about you new adventures! God bless!

It's me, T.J. said...

Hey there...

I stumbled upon your blog via a visitor/search engine to mine.

I'm so encouraged to see these 'old-time' values in such a ~young~ family.

Perhaps the U.S. isn't going down the tubes!

God Bless.