Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny things my kids say - Part Deux

My daughter loves to sing. She gets great joy from singing and I get great joy from listening to her sing. She started singing before she was two and her first song was "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She then graduated to the ABC song and she hasn't stopped singing since. I've always said that she was born with a song in her heart.

Our family listens to a lot of country music and now kiddo numero uno can sing most of the female country musicians popular music. One of her favorite songs to sing right now is "Stay" by Sugarland. I'm glad she doesn't understand the lyrics, but I love to hear her try to harmonize with them. She also likes to sing "Fall" by Clay Walker, which is also very cute.

So tonight on our way home from getting more packing tape, kiddo numero uno was singing along to the radio. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to her since this is a daily occurrence until I heard her yell "HELL, YEAH!!"

I was shocked.


I mean we don't swear in our family. Not even every now and then. I don't think my husband even says anything worse then "Crap," at least in front of the girls.

So where did she hear that???

Yep, she was singing "Redneck Woman" right along with Gretchen Wilson and when Gretchen shouted "HELL, YEAH" so did kiddo numero uno.

So lesson learned, country music isn't even "safe" anymore.....but it was pretty darn funny!!


"HELL, YEAH!!!"

No comments: