Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Creative Genius

I am NOT a creative genius.

I have tried to Scrapbook, sew, knit, decorate, etc. I really want to be able to do these things. I have friends who are awesome at them.

This is a scrapbook page one of my friends made with pics of kiddo numero uno and her buds. When I try to do something like this, it takes me 4 hours to complete one project. And in the process I destroy several pictures, a lot of paper and use a whole bottle of glue. (Are you even supposed to use glue???) I'm horrible. And my friends are great at things like this.


So my new goal, since I'm going to have more free time on my hands is to start small and make some preschool projects with my girls. Maybe if I start there, I can learn to be creative and do things other Moms do. My daughter wants to make a pretty ladybug. I think I might be able to do that. Although, I'll probably have to call my freinds for tips. So wish me luck on this new adventure.


I'm also going to start cooking more. I LOVE to cook. I just don't ever have enough time to do the things I really want to do. I've always wanted to make homemade cinnamon rolls. You know the ones just dripping with goo that runs down your fingers.


So starting in March, look for more cooking ideas on this little diary. And feel free to share any awesome recipes that I can try. I'm gearing up to tie on an apron and get started : )



P.S. I don't really wear an apron; actually I don't even own one. What kind of Mom AM I?

No comments: